There’s a wonderful little catch to the art of manifesting that many people have overlooked. When we are setting our intentions, putting forth our wavelengths and visualizing for the future, there is an important truth that we often don’t take into account.
You Don’t Get What You Want in Life, You Get What You Are!
This is the Law of Attraction stripped to its barest essential. What we vibrate is what we get. If we vibrate love, we attract love in all its forms. If we vibrate fear, we will attract more to be fearful of. If we vibrate self-pity, we will attract more that will cause us to feel self-pity. If we vibrate lack, we of course, attract more financial struggle. If we vibrate, joy and beauty, more is given to us that enables us to experience joy and beauty.
You must EMBODY what you want in life so you can truly live your desires.
How can you begin this transformation?
1. Create an ideal. What would the person who has what you want be, do and have? Create a written profile of that ideal person. What traits and values would that person embody? What actions or activities would that person undertake? What material and non-material elements would that person have at hand? What achievements would that person have accomplished to reach this point of success? Etc…
Here is now your blueprint. Which of things do have you already? What can you embody by simply changing your mindset? What is within your ability to acquire without placing yourself in financial jeopardy? What priorities can you shift in your life to be in alignment with this ideal person? What activities or actions can you undertake to put you in the space of having at least a semblance or a simulation of your desire? What must you embark on to put you on the path to being what you envision?
2. Hang out with similar people. Choose to be with people who embody what you wish to have and be. Allow their vibration to tune yours, life a tuning fork. If you don’t have them in your life currently, ask the Universe how you can connect with them or to bring them to you.
3. Start living “as if”… Go about your life “as if” you are already the embodiment of what you seek. Assume the mantle in attitude, dress, demeanor, presentation, self-respect, self-regard, wealth-consciousness, and integrity.
4. Location, location, location…Go places that you would go if you were fully embodying that new state of being. You don’t have to stay a week, stay overnight! You don’t have to order the prime rib, but have an elegant hors d’oeuvres and a glass of wine. I recently heard of one man who hung out in the high roller section of casinos just to get the feel of what it would be like to have the financial freedom of a high roller…to soak up the environment and inspire the emotion of having that kind of abundance.
5. Body Image…If you want to have a better body tomorrow, than love it today and give it good food and lots of exercise. Dress it with style and panache, just as you would if it were trim and you wanted to show it off…Than act as if you’re proud of it just the way it is!
6. Relationship leadership. If you wish to have a better relationship, embody how you would behave and feel if it was a perfect relationship. Don’t take responsibility for your partner’s change. Just take care of your side of the equation.
7. Feel It! Remember that your emotions are the magnetizer. Match the emotions of what you would be feeling if your goal/vision/intention were to materialize right now!
8. Find a coach. If you’re having difficulty achieving a state of embodiment or transformation, seek a professional mentor or coach who can help you reach that state, someone who will guide you in the process, and help you eliminate any limiting beliefs that will prevent you from achieving your goal.
Become what you wish and you will be as you are!
Here is something I am very excited and honored about. The Association for Transformational Leaders’ SoCal Council has admitted me for membership, after nomination by my dear friend Marie Diamond (you will remember her from The Secret, her extraordinary teachings in Feng Shui and her work in creating conscious leaders). This exciting and exclusive organization is the localized version of the Transformational Leadership Council, the elite organization founded by Jack Canfield with an membership of 120 of only the top luminaries in personal growth (including Marie). The ATL was formed to take in other leaders who are emerging and “is a forum for individuals of significant influence in artistic, academic, social, political, corporate and humanitarian endeavors, devoted to doing transformational work in their respective fields. Its purpose is to join together like-minded people to initiate and sustain on-going dialogue and education that enhances our transformational leadership capabilities and support each other in serving humanity while creating a world that works for everyone; one world that is socially just, environmentally sustainable, and spiritually fulfilling.” I’m deeply grateful for admission and for my friend Marie for nominating me. I’ll be attending twice annual meetings with the other ATL SoCal members. I’m thrilled and joyful!
Exciting news…PRACTICAL CONSCIOUS CREATION has won yet another award!! This time it’s the PRESTIGIOUS COVR AWARD!!! Check it out > http://ow.ly/bYcHf.
The award was presented at the New Age International Trade Show. COVR is the Coalition of Visionary Resources, an industry association for new age retailers, publishers and store owners.
Join the celebrate and get your copy so that you too can discover your gateway to becoming a better, faster manifestor. Find out what all the hoopla is about! http://www.jackielapin.com/practical-conscious-creation/
There’s much written in the spiritual/self-help/motivational books about how important it is to give, but there is much less written about how vital it is to open yourself to receive.
In our modern culture, it is the strong male energy that is dominant. This male energy is proactive, aggressive and out-reaching. Yet, spiritual teachers have known for eons that it is the feminine energy that is receptive, willing, and open.
Men in our world have difficulty with receiving. Most feel they must achieve, acquire or conquer to gain with integrity. They don’t feel comfortable when they receive–and especially from women–because they perceive that it diminishes their power. How often do you see men casually brush away gifts, praise, or acknowledgement? Few are masters of receiving with grace.
Many women today have assumed the mantle of masculine energy due to demands of today’s working environment. Their feminine energy is sublimated because of the need to fight to have all of their financial and material needs met. As a result, many women have also lost the ability to attract and receive passively.
So it is an art that men and women must re-learn as we grow spiritually. Whether it is receiving money from new and unexpected sources; receiving assistance or help; receiving wisdom and guidance; receiving love; receiving kindness; receiving praise and acknowledgement; receiving gifts; receiving honor; receiving peace and tranquility; receiving ease; receiving unforeseen and wonderful opportunities—we must discover ways to make ourselves better vessels for receiving.
Here are some ways to cultivate the Art of Receiving:
• Commit more time to “being” than “doing.” Stop and relax, be quiet and meditative. When you are active, you’re not in the actively receptive mode. Slow down. Make sure you have enough rest.
• Make sure that the left side of your body (the feminine side) is un-constricted. Get massages, stretch, use essential oils to make sure it allows the free flow of energy.
• Consciously invite The Universe to send you gifts by intentioning: “I am willing to receive today.” “I am open to receiving.”
• When you are given anything—including praise–show your gratitude. Do not demure in embarrassment or brush it off. If you are not grateful for what you do receive, why should the Universe send you more?
• Whether you are a man or woman, indulge your feminine side. Pamper yourself using whatever tools bring you enjoyment. The feel of silk shirts, occasional professional shaves, bubble baths, spa days, etc. For women, wear more feminine clothes, especially flowing, indulgent apparel.
• Listen to soft music that puts you in a receptive, graceful and contented mood.
• Visualize beautiful rainbow colored energy flowing to you from all different directions and filling all your cells with brilliant radiance.
• Be in a vibration of love. Love is the most powerful attractor in the Universe and creates the signal that you are a deserving recipient.
• If you ask for something and it manifests, do not take it for granted…Feel the wonder of how effectively the Universe works. Wonder opens the door for more.
• Make sure there is fun in your life. If you are about all work, and no play, there is no space for the new blessings to plant themselves. Have fun. Enjoy. Laughter and joy will open the door for you to receive more blessings.
• Say “yes”…when the Universe puts something in your path, it may be a gift and you may not know why. Unless you are convinced that it is absolutely and clearly NOT in your highest good, say “yes” and see what gifts come forth. If you shut down too many opportunities, fewer will come.
• Be willing. Be aware. Be receptive. Be grateful.
May you receive in abundance, joy and radiance!
Calling all entrepreneurs, CEO’s, non-profits & investors! Join me this Thurs-Sat at The Enlightened Entrepreneur Summit where for 3 days we will focus on how to succeed by forming profitable new collaborations, creating deeper connections with customers, and by having a positive impact on your community. If you can’t physically attend, register for live streaming. Don’t miss it! http://ow.ly/bprVM
Here’s a great article featured in Book Marketing Alliance http://www.bookmarketingalliance.com/internet-radio-creates-compelling-new-avenue-for-book-sales/
Open Your Mind to Receive by Catherine Ponder
This little book is well worth the couple of hours it’ll take you to read it. Ponder, who is a beloved author and teacher of manifesting skills, always uses plain language and simple stories to illustrate exactly how to create success and abundance for yourself. What I love about her books is she gives you the exact phrases to invoke—in capital letters!—to align yourself with Universal law and Source power to achieve what you desire. Open Your Mind to Receive is a recipe for making yourself a perfect vessel to receive all best that you desire and that the Universe wants to give you. My favorite section spoke of creating an Elimination List, to release that which no longer serves you and leaves room for new to come forward that is in your higher good. Lots of practical stuff here—and you know much I love PRACTICAL Conscious Creation advice!
One of the great joys of my life is to participate in a twice-a-month conversation with six like-minded women who are heart-centered wisdom teachers. We share our experiences, support each other, provide business expertise, participate in each other’s offerings and marketing support, share newly found opportunities, help our partners through difficult challenges and celebrate each others achievements. You can develop one of these mastermind groups yourself for business, spiritual and emotional support. Find at least four other people who are willing and who share some aspect of interest, and then just get started. Create a format that works for you and establish same-time meetings weekly, semi-monthly or monthly. Happy Masterminding!
Believing that the world is big enough for everyone’s success opens up the opportunities for our own success. Like attracts like, so when we act in a loving, giving manner – without thoughts of competition or expectations for what we will get – we naturally become a magnet for other people’s generosity and good things to flow to us.
from Let Go, Let Miracles Happen by Kathy Cordova
According to Shiv Khera, author of You Can Win, failures most often occur for one of the following seven reasons:
Lack of persistence. More people fail not because they lack knowledge or talent, but just because they quit. It is important to remember two words: persistence and resistance. Persist in what must be done and resist what ought not to be done. We all have had setbacks in life. Failing does not mean we are failures!
Lack of conviction. People who lack conviction take the middle of the road. But what happens in the middle of the road? You get run over. People without conviction go along to get along because they lack confidence and courage. They conform in order to get accepted even when they know that what they are doing is wrong.
Rationalizing. Winners may analyze but never rationalize. Losers rationalize and have a book full of excuses to tell you why they could not succeed.
Not learning from past mistakes. Some people live and learn, and some only live. Wise people learn from their mistakes. Failure is a teacher if we have the right attitude. I’ve always said experience is the name we give to our mistakes.
Lack of discipline. Anyone who has accomplished anything worthwhile has never done it without discipline. Discipline takes self-control, sacrifice and avoiding distractions and temptations. It means staying focused.
Poor self-esteem. Poor self-esteem is a lack of self-respect and self-worth. People with low self-esteem are constantly trying to find themselves, rather than creating the person they want to be.
Fatalistic attitude. A fatalistic attitude prevents people from accepting responsibility for their position in life. They attribute success and failure to luck. They resign themselves to their fate, regardless of their efforts, that whatever has to happen will happen anyway.
If you see yourself in any of these, you have the power to change your “failures” into future successes. This is a corrective roadmap for your success and achievement…Take it and drive forward!
« Older Entries
Newer Entries »