I love this time of the year. It is all about light. This year it began
with the lighting of the Hanukkah candles; then it moved to lighting
holiday trees and decorations as Christmas approached. The candles of
Christmas burned bright in people’s home as they celebrated their love
and friendship with others in their lives. It would be so wonderful if
the goodwill and inner light that many of us feel at this time of the
year could spread out to everyone else worldwide, year round. On a day
when the world has learned about the assassination of one of the
world’s truly courageous women, Benazir Bhutto, it cries out for light
to reach out and illuminate all of the hidden corners of the world,
into the darkness of the heart of man. Light one more candle this year
on New Year’s Day. Join me in lighting a candle to illuminate the world
and creating a vision of light for the future of our planet!
“Each moment from all sides rushes to us the call to love. We are running to contemplate its vast green field. Do you want to come with us? This is not the time to stay at home, but go out and give yourself to the rose garden. The dawn of joy has arisen and this is the moment of vision.” — Rumi, The 13th Century Poet
Here are the people that I am especially grateful to this month:
• Jeff Donovan, my faithful sidekick, and dear friend, who continues to help me run The Conscious Creation mini-empire, ManifestBooks.com and United World Healing.
• My wonderful board members at United World Healing, who keep giving and giving, like the Energizer bunny!
• Jim Lewellyn, who makes me laugh and is the hardest working guy I know.
• Sydni Craig-Hart, who helped me get the word out about The Art of Conscious Creation and continues to lend her astute abilities to our growth.
• The fantastic group of authors, speakers and consultants who helped spread the word on the book. They include: Dr. Joe Vitale, Peggy McColl, Eva Gregory, Dr. Joe Rubino, Pamela Oslie, Kathleen Gage, Kelly Sullivan Walden, Jill Fleming, Marci Breitenbach, Cindy Goldenberg, David Ricklin, Darlene Braden, Jeffrey Howard, Zen DeBrucke, Joe Nunziata, Dr. Kirk Laman, Rich Fettke, Kimberly Marooney, Anita Pathik Law, Arielle Ford, Len Wright, Joe Farcht, Sheri Rosenthal, Patrick Snow, Julie Johnson, Jim Caterucci and Darren Jacklin.
• Jean Claude Koven, author of Going Deeper (www.prismhouse.com), who kindly gave me a list of so many media who are positively pre-disposed to this kind of information.
• My publisher Adam Witty and his marketing manager, Kevin Mulvaney who have tirelessly worked to make The Art of Conscious Creation a best seller.
• Karen Strauss, one of my dearest and oldest (not in age!) friends, whose wonderful sales ability secured distribution through Barnes and Noble and Borders book stores.
• Jeff Hole, who created wonderful packaging and pictures for my products.
• Steve Feldman of TSI who created our Visions of a Better World CD in record time!
• Chris Cooper of Virtual Media, who has helped produce our products and fulfill our orders on www.TheArtOfConsciousCreation.com and www.ManifestBooks.com.
• Terrye Hoffman and Reagan Osbourne who have manifested my visions on the web and built two wonderful sites that have enable me to help make Conscious Creators everywhere!
• Joe Vitale and Mark Victor Hansen who so graciously offered their endorsements when they discerned that The Art of Conscious Creation was a book that was worthy of their support.
• Lorraine Cohen, Kimberly Marooney and Anita Pathik Law, who embraced me immediately and embraced the message!
United World Healing held its first Vision-In last month, video guided imagery of a healed world. The event attracted thousands around the world to participate by listening and lending their vision. We featured Visions for World Peace and Global Climate Balance. You can still see these visions on the United World Healing website (www.UnitedWorldHealing.org) or www.YouTube.com.
Come join us for the next Vision-In on New Year’s Day January 1, starting the year off with two new powerful visions for 2008. These will focus on feeding the globe’s people and creating a world of kindness.
This wonderful book, originally published in 1999, has been overlooked by many as the more recent bestsellers in the new age/conscious creation movement have overshadowed it. But this delightfully written handbook is still one of my Bibles, with kernels of great wisdom written in a crisp, witty and entertaining style. We are treated to author Lynn Grabhorn’s tales of depression and redemption as she gradually learns how her emotions begin to correspond with the consequences in her life. She says: “You can boil all the fancy techniques (of psychotherapy) down to one simple remedy for creating an abundant and fulfilling life: Learn to identify a good feeling from a bad feeling.”
Grabhorn sagely gives people the tools for leveraging their emotions, and great techniques for unlocking one’s self from the grip of negative emotions. I especially like her chapter on “Relationships and Other Treasures” about the dynamics between two people—one who is on the consciousness path and another who may be a bit further behind. Sadly, Grabhorn is no longer with us in this dimension, but her wisdom lives on.
Jackie has been interviewed on:
• TV — KMIR6 Palm Spring TV Morning Show
• TV — Time/Warner Los Angeles Cable Show "The Laughing Yogi"
• Radio — Nationally syndicated The X Zone
• Radio — Nationally syndicated Michael Dresser Show
• Radio — Linda Salvin Show, KLSX Los Angeles
• Radio — The Lowdown Show /WDVR, in CT
• Radio — Brownwood TX
• Internet Radio — Women’s Radio Network
• Internet Radio — Shows hosted by Kimberly Marooney, Lorraine Cohen, Anita Pathik Law, Gayl Murphey, Cindy Rakowitz and Brian McClure (founder, Universal Flag)
• Internet Radio — Valder Beebe Show — Saturday Jan 5, 9:30 Pacific Time
Reviews & Articles:
• Excerpts of the book have been featured in two recent issues of Awareness Magazine
• The Healthy Planet, a publication in St. Louis, also featured a story
• The Art of Conscious Creation will be featured in Aura Magazine and New Age Retailer in December.
We live consciously, and are proof that conscious creation works. My husband and I work for a retail chain and make retail salaries. Yet we were able to purchase 300 acres of mountain land and build our dream log cabin on it, while paying less for a mortgage than many people pay for rent. We tell our story every chance we get, to encourage others to live consciously.
We dreamed of being the caretakers (we don’t often say "owners") of land in the mountains, where we could live quietly amid nature’s creations. We made lists of what we wanted, visualized the peaceful place, and affirmed that we knew it would come to us when the time was right. For four years we searched for the right place, then one day it found us. Roy saw a small ad in the paper just before Yule in 2000. It offered 250 acres for $125,000. It was only half an hour away from us, so we drove up to see it. There was over 3 feet of snow on the ground, so we climbed the steep hillside on snowshoes, and were immediately drawn in by a feeling of welcome and "rightness." We were overwhelmed – We had been to so many places, and none had resonated like this mountain did. We called the realtor and started the process to buy the land.
As we did the prep work to purchase the land, we asked for confirmation that this was the right path for us. Immediately, amazing things started happening: First, the owner dropped the price by $25,000 without us even asking! When we put it under contract, the realtor told us the owner was including a piece of land adjacent that included 11 acres and a hunting cabin. Then when we met to sign the papers, the realtor informed us he had some news regarding the size of the parcel. It was not 250 acres as previously stated, but 300!
We put Roy’s house up for sale, and it sold the very first week, and for $20,000 more than our realtor wanted us to list it for, to his chagrin. We moved into the hunting cabin on the mountain while we built our log home. Friends and relatives appeared to help us build it for a reasonable cost, and we did much of the work ourselves, cherishing every moment. The crowning moment was when Roy was working on the top row of logs for the main floor. He was sitting atop the log wall, pounding in a spike, when a big red-tail hawk swooped down from the mountain and landed on the log wall! The spot where it sat was directly above our front door hole, and it calmly sat there, only a few feet from Roy, where they stared at each other for a long moment. I saw it all, and it brought tears to my eyes. After holding Roy’s gaze for several seconds, it calmly spread its wings, held them out, then purposefully lifted off into the sky again. Neither of us could ever doubt that we are blessed after that encounter.
One day when we were working on the inside staircase, a man appeared at the door. He introduced himself as Ravenwolf, a Native American man who lived across the river on a nearby mountain. He presented us with a handmade dreamcatcher and thanked us for buying the mountain. He told us a story we hadn’t heard: The reason the land appeared in the paper in time for Roy to see it, was that a gravel company had tried to buy it the year before. They had come in with excavators and dug test holes. They went to a town meeting and told the townspeople their plans to blast the rock with dynamite and dig gravel. Ravenwolf said they declared, "When we’re done, you’ll be able to see town from here." The townspeople, disgusted, declined to allow them a business permit. Ravenwolf said they’d prayed that someone would come who would appreciate the mountain the way it is. So you could say they were creating the mountain’s future at the same time we were creating ours!
I’m sure you’ve heard many similar stories, as have we. Each one confirms again that Conscious Creation is fact. Some people insist that Conscious Creation is no more than wishful thinking, but wishful thinking doesn’t account for us waking up on this beautiful mountain each morning, and knowing that we belong here.
Bright Blessings to you and yours!
Do you have trouble sleeping? Then try Consciously Creating sleep, as I do. When your head hits the pillow, set an intention to release your thoughts and go to sleep. My next step is to follow a simple procedure for self-hypnosis. Tell yourself that when you are in the hypnotic state you will give yourself the instruction to sleep. Then begin counting backward from 5 to 0, willing each part of your body to sleep—lower legs and feet, upper legs and buttocks, lower back, upper back and then head and neck—each one corresponding to one of the numbers. Once you are in that state (and I know that I am when I cannot lift my eyelids easily), then say, “I am going deeply, easily and quickly to sleep.” Repeat this five times. Then count back up from 0 to 5. (You don’t want to go to sleep in a hypnotic state.) This method works for me 9 out of 10 times. Happy restful sleeping!
As I embark on this first newsletter, I am struck with wonder and gratitude at the way that so many people in the New Age/Personal Growth have extended their hand in friendship to me. It has only been for the past two years that I have “gone public” with my spiritual journey and the message of Conscious Creation that I feel I’ve been given to deliver. So I am still just a relative newcomer compared to many who have been doing this for many years.
Yet, from all quarters have come people who have offered their advice, their resources, their endorsement and even access to their mailing lists and their radio shows. They tell other media about my book, they pass me along to other authors to open doors of friendship, they invite me to events to meet other experts in the field. They prove that many, many leaders in the Consciousness movement really live the generosity of spirit that they espouse.
This gives me a great sense of joy, knowing that as the Universe awakens us to our ability to create and mold the future, we will be in good hands with our spiritual Consciousness leadership. These are the people who will stand together as we help people to live their most authentic, responsible and fulfilling lives. These are the people who are helping to raise the resonance of the planet! My utmost gratitude to all of them!